Are you one of those jewelry businesses that have suffered major setbacks during this pandemic? Here are some tips to bounce back in the game and boost your sales despite the current situation.
1. Understand how CRO works
Search Engine Optimization of your jewelry store’s website is not enough. In addition to designing your site so potential clients can quickly find you on Google, modifying your e-commerce site to a page that converts visitors to real customers is also a must.
This is where a solid Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) plan comes in handy. CRO involves a lot of technical nitty-gritty, but it all centers on making the shopping experience of site visitors easier.
You can come up with hundreds of CRO practices to boost your store’s income. The bottom line is you need to understand the CRO process first to come up with concrete plans.
2. Offer flexible payment terms
Introducing alternative payment options to your jewelry store, such as Sezzle, is an excellent way to boost your sales during the pandemic.
Sezzle is a payment scheme that provides a buy now pay later option to your customers. For example, with a 25% down payment, your customers may now pay for the remaining 75% on an installment basis.
What’s more is Sezzle grants interest-free loans and payment rescheduling. Considering that premium jewelry may not come cheap, availing of Sezzle is a great opportunity to grow your customer base.
3. Lure customers with convenience
If you can make your customers’ shopping experience better by incorporating convenience, go for it.
And what’s the better way of promoting convenience on your site? Popular payment options! Suggest digital wallets such as Google Pay and Apple Pay to your clients upon checkout.
Google Pay and Apple Pay are digital wallets that save customers time by storing their money and promo codes for faster checkout.
4. Join Google Shopping
Have you ever come across those products that appear on top of Google page results and wondered how your jewelry items could share the same spotlight?
If yes, then you should register your jewelry store to Google Merchant Center! You’ll be amazed at how this can dramatically improve your sales.
And the best part? Google has lifted payment for signing up for Google Shopping. So, you can use this feature for free.
5. Establish a Facebook Marketplace account
The most obvious way to bring your jewelry products closer to your customers is to establish your shop’s identity in the Facebook Marketplace. Why? Well, almost anyone in the United States has a Facebook account. A study even suggests that 78% of the US population turn to Facebook when looking for something online.
Facebook Marketplace is very accessible and convenient. The process of being stable in FB Marketplace doesn’t come without challenges, of course. But, it’s all worth it once you see improvement in your jewelry sales.
6. Refocus your target
Given that there are very limited resources during this pandemic, you should realign your efforts on targeting those who can and actually do use e-commerce sites.
And yes, we’re talking about the younger generation here. Millennials, Gen Z – you name it. The more you redesign your jewelry store website for these generations, the more advantageous for you.
It’s already 2021, and the COVID-19 pandemic is not leaving any time soon. As jewelry retailers and marketers, we don’t have much choice but to live with it.
If you’re overwhelmed and don’t know how to put the pieces together, you can always seek assistance from a professional jewelry marketer like our company, Jewelry Store Marketers.