We’re right in the peak of the summer season. It’s hot enough to make a romance novel seem tame! The tendency this time of year is to just plop down (anywhere) and cool off, with or without a refreshing beverage.
While that is a wonderful fantasy, it is not particularly helpful for the bottom line in the sales world. So, what are your doing to keep your energy crackling and your enthusiasm wilder than a greased pig race at the state fair?
Take good care of yourself
- Eat a nutritious diet.
- Manage your fluid intake to compensate for the evaporation from the heat.
- Rest your body with both quality and quantity rest.
- Exercise to build energy - too hot? Swim!
Tune in to what makes you happy and brings you joy
- What brings meaning to your life? Do that!
- Grow personally - find new things to learn about and new skills to develop.
- What about yourself do you particularly love? Enhance those things.
- What are you less fond of? How can you transform those attributes into strengths?
Fine-tune your goals
Remember those goals you set for yourself in January?
- Which of those have you accomplished? Congratulate yourself and celebrate fittingly! Yea, you!
- Which are still awaiting your devoted attention? Generate a new step-by-step plan to accomplish these. Remember to make those goals meaningful, realistic and reachable. What measurement will show that you accomplished the goal?
- Which goals are you wanting to push back till the beginning of next year? If this is even a minor consideration, it will be helpful to examine why you want to postpone. Is is too hard? (Stop whining and make it happen!) Is it no longer worthy of your attention? (Meaning that you’ve grown beyond it without it being a major focus). Are there mini-steps that would help you accomplish this goal with ease? What will renew your motivation for action? Are there sales contests happening in your store? Are there daily goals, either with the entire staff or within yourself that you can create as a game/reward system to increase your productivity? What new interest can you develop and bring to your personal sales repertoire?
By taking personal responsibility for your own success and upping your action plan, you can continue to achieve your greatest year in sales so far!