Do you, like Cinderella, sense within you a princess (or prince), the upgraded version of yourself, waiting to emerge? From childhood on, many – some perhaps secretly – do. We’re fascinated with celebrities and royalty, with our heroes and role models. Why? We imagine ourselves, leveled UP! You alone can discover that leveled UP version of yourself, you 2.0, dormant within, and actualize it. It’s your life. You’re unique. With a clear, targeted focus and strategy, you can achieve better outcomes efficiently and successfully.
The desire to evolve and grow is a primal human impulse. Whether it’s desiring to lose a few pounds, eat healthier, enjoy a style makeover, start a new business or change jobs, expand our personal and business relationships, accomplish the next degree or certification level, evolve psychologically and spiritually – we’re often already acting on these innate impulses, or at least intending to!
Level UP! The fast track. Clear focus and strategy can manifest the new you. 5 tips for success:
1. Define yourself 2.0. Start with the vision. How do you imagine your best self? How do you look, talk, act? Who are your friends and colleagues? What are you doing? Where are you living? Think back to when you were a child. What were your dreams? Are you doing what you’re doing now, but supercharged? Are you doing something completely different? Your destiny is in your hands.
2. Out with the old. What’s holding you back? Marie Kondo, the minimalist, gets rid of anything that does not “spark joy” in life. Scour your house, your closet, your business, and clean house. Possessions that don’t resonate with your future vision of yourself are a dead weight. A clean, orderly environment fosters growth. Kondo starts each day by opening all the windows and letting fresh air in. Fresh air is fresh energy.
The same is true of toxic relationships. Who’s surrounding you? What’s your energy circle? Familiar relationships are comfortable. But if they don’t support your growth, they’re holding you back. Surround yourself with others focused on leveling UP to the best versions of themselves.
3. Take action! You’re activating a new you; healthy, wealthy and wise. Find mentors to help direct you. Many self-help and motivation tools are available online, on YouTube and Amazon.
Do you have certain critical areas – your health, appearance, finances, relationships, that need remedial help? Focus on these first.
Dress for success. Update your wardrobe. Change your hairstyle. Get a manicure. Invest in a few accessories above the level to which you’re accustomed – a new signature gold chain, watch, or diamond earrings. Upgrade your image. The immediate feedback will give you confidence in your new journey. You’ll see a new emerging reflection of yourself in the mirror that will inspire you.
Focus on your health and good lifestyle habits – eating nutritious fresh whole food, exercise, fresh air, water, enough regular sleep. It takes at least 21 days to develop a new habit, so it becomes second nature. Practice makes perfect.
Don’t get bogged down. Social media hit emotional triggers to keep you addicted to clicking – from Anthony Fauci to Brittany Spears. Don’t fall for the bait. Don’t waste hours on your phone or computer not focused on your new goals. Cute kitten videos are addictive, but at the end of the day, have they furthered your vision?
Surround yourself with people who are leveled – and leveling – UP. Social and business connections are golden. According to the Law of Attraction, like attracts like. Surround yourself with samples of yourself 2.0 and success will follow. “Your network is your net worth.”
4. Think outside the box. The pandemic’s transformed the world. From Elon Musk’s colonies on Mars and electric automated cars, to David Sinclair’s reversal of aging and extended human lifespan, new visions of life are starting to surface as concrete possibilities.
Visionaries transform the world. “Fortune favors the bold.” Read or watch leveled UP biographies of inspiring heroes and heroines, from Amelia Earhart to Nikola Tesla, Steve Jobs and Leonardo da Vinci. Break some boundaries.
Your vision of you 2.0 includes the world. Leveling Up doesn’t occur in a vacuum. Transform yourself and you transform the world. “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.” Go for greatness.
5. Enjoy the ride. It’s not about an end goal. Life is to be lived. Enjoy the journey. Life’s magical. We know this with the fresh vision of a child, “trailing clouds of glory” in Wordsworth’s phrase, but our vision becomes clouded and jaded over time. Hit the refresh button. We’re living in transformational times. Be the change you want to see.
I’ve just started a new Facebook group levelUP! which in less than a month already has hundreds of members, including many jewelers. All are welcome to join and inspire each other.