There are a number of factors that customers consider when purchasing jewelry, amongst them the quality of the product, the style of what’s being provided and, of course, the price of the item concerned. These are all criteria related to the product itself. Of course, another crucial variable which is related directly to the store, is the level of customer service.
Good customer service is critical to building profitability for a business because it helps to increase customer loyalty. When customers have a positive experience with a company, they are more likely to continue doing business with that company in the future. This can lead to repeat purchases, which can drive up the profitability of the business. In addition, customers who have a positive experience with a company are more likely to recommend the company to their friends and family, which can lead to new customers and increased profitability. The reverse is poor service, which can lose customers, kill the opportunity for repeat business and, through word of mouth, either online or in person, crush future sales.
Furthermore, providing excellent customer service can help to reduce the costs of attracting new customers. It is generally less expensive to retain existing customers than it is to acquire new ones, a figure often estimated at a ratio of six times as expensive. By focusing on customer service, a business can potentially save money on marketing and advertising efforts.
Overall, good customer service is essential for building a successful and profitable business because it helps to create loyal customers who are more likely to make repeat purchases and recommend the business to others.
Understanding good service is an important starting point. Many cultures have a strong tradition of politeness and respect for others. This isn’t always a value that is associated with western culture, sadly, where the concept of service is often seen as demeaning to those who provide it. Getting around this belief from staff can be one of the bigger challenges a business owner can face.
Here are ten ways you can improve the customer service you offer your customers:
- Invest in employee training: Make sure your customer service team is well-trained and equipped to handle customer inquiries and complaints and that they embrace the concepts of service.
- Be responsive: Respond to customer inquiries and complaints promptly, whether through phone, email, or social media. Customers need to know that any inquiries or issues are, at least, acknowledged.
- Be empathetic: Put yourself in your customers’ shoes and try to understand their perspective, even if you might not agree.
- Be proactive: Look for ways to anticipate customer needs and offer solutions before they become problems.
- Be transparent: Be upfront about your policies and procedures and be open and honest with your customers. Developing trust is the cornerstone of this industry.
- Offer multiple communication channels: Provide multiple ways for customers to contact you, such as phone, email, and social media.
- Personalize your service: Use customer data and information to provide personalized service that meets the individual needs of your customers.
- Follow up: Check in with customers after their purchase or service experience to ensure they are satisfied and to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Foster a culture of customer service: Encourage a culture of customer service throughout your organization, from the top down.
- Seek customer feedback: Regularly solicit customer feedback and use it to continuously improve your service.
Achieving a high level of customer service is a goal that cannot be neglected – like going to the gym, if you stop you will go backwards! It’s important that the process of constant improvement is implemented in your store to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction going forward and an ever-increasing level of sales.