Yes, the summer months bring many gifting opportunities: graduations, weddings, anniversaries and birthdays. Jewelry makes the perfect gift for any occasion and silver jewelry offers a range of styles and price points to fit any occasion. 32% of the retailers who responded to the 2021 Silver Survey said the bestselling opportunities for silver were the female self-purchase at 35% followed by gifting at 32%.
Here are a few selling points for suggesting jewelry for these many gift opportunities.
- Jewelry is timeless. Think about gifts you have received over the years and think about what you still might have or still use – clothing goes out of style, trips and dinners out are long forgotten, but jewelry is a timeless possession that marks a special occasion.
- Jewelry is perfect for any occasion. Whatever the occasion: birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, engagements, births, Christmas gifts, Bar Mitzvahs, Bat Mitzvahs, Sweet Sixteen parties, celebrating a job, promotion, or move, or a thank you gift; all these are the perfect opportunities to give the gift of jewelry. Whether it be a sterling necklace with a pearl pendant or a pair of cufflinks. Jewelry is a gift that will be cherished for years.
- Jewelry is something one does not usually buy for oneself. Despite the fact that the female self-purchase of jewelry is on the rise, there are still many who consider jewelry a luxury and won’t necessarily shop for jewelry for themselves – so a gift of jewelry is always a special treat!
- Jewelry is a gift today, and an heirloom tomorrow. Jewelry can be worn and enjoyed for decades and passed down to the next generation as a meaningful heirloom. It’s hard to think of other gifts that have lasting and sentimental meaning.
- Jewelry is an investment. Most gifts are generally about the “now,” but precious metal jewelry holds a lasting value.
- Jewelry is a great gift for all ages. Jewelry appeals to every age and generation. And this is where you the jeweler can guide the customer – suggest what’s on trend for a sweet sixteen gift, what everyone is craving for graduation and the perfect gift for that special anniversary. And suggest the gift of silver jewelry – with styles and price points to fit any occasion and any budget.
- Jewelry can be personalized. As special as a gift of jewelry might be, think of the many options to personalize the gift. From inscribed names, to initials, to birthstones and or special symbols or sayings can bring even more meaning to the gift.
- Jewelry suits any personality. From simple and delicate pieces to bold and dramatic designs, there are jewelry styles to fit any personality.
- Jewelry sends the right message. Giving jewelry as a gift can help you share how you feel when you can’t find the right words. Nothing says “forever” like jewelry!
- Jewelry is customizable. Jewelry is extremely customizable. You can find or create custom pieces that represent a loved one’s personality, color preferences or style. To make your gift even more personal and one-of-a-kind, have it engraved with a special date, word or phrase.
- Jewelry is versatile. No matter what your taste or budget, you can find an item to suit your needs. Plus, jewelry is appropriate for every age and gender. Rings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets, earrings and watches – there’s something more everyone.
- Jewelry can rekindle romance. There is no better way to express your love. Jewelry is such a special way to mark an anniversary or just to express your feelings.
- Jewelry never disappoints. It is sure to surprise and delight. There are few things are as memorable as receiving jewelry from a loved one. And even though it has always been a great gift, jewelry will continue to elicit surprised gasps and happy tears for years to come.
Now, it’s time to promote these great gift opportunities.
Create interesting displays – when was the last time you moved things around? Maybe it’s time to do a refresh and create a few gift themed cases. The power of suggestion is important especially if a customer says, “just looking.” Have a few new signs made, i.e.:“ Great gift ideas for under $500,” “looking for a great gift – look no more!”
Strategic product placement – Does each display tell a unique story? Check store traffic flow to ensure maximum presentation of the most saleable merchandise in the most visually enhanced displays. Analyze interior store display case locations to best serve the needs of shoppers.
Highlight impulse purchase ideas – How can product placement best encourage impromptu purchases? Showcase what’s on trend – place multiples of stacking rings together or stacking bracelets to show how pieces are worn.
Display an item of the week – and make it something with broad appeal, not just the birthstone of the month, but something that is a true “must have” like pearl studs or a sterling pendant.
Offer “ in-store only” items to drive in-store traffic – Encourage online customers to come in and browse. Be sure to ensure them of the safe practices that you have in place.
The gift of jewelry never disappoints!