The National Association of Jewelry Appraisers (NAJA) announced its 38th Annual Mid-Year Conference will be held in Bellevue, WA, August 11 – 14, 2012 at the Red Lion Hotel Bellevue.
The appraisal organization dedicated exclusively to gems and jewelry presents an outstanding program to assist the professional appraiser’s continuing education and an unparalleled networking experience.
As with all previous conferences, this conference has what appraisers need, what they desire, propriety diamonds, gemstone treatments, and an antique jewelry challenge. The last day of the conference is even more desirable – appraisals issues – What Would YOU do? The four day conference is an invaluable opportunity for the professional gemologist/appraiser.
The daily programs are:
Saturday – August 11
Gemstone Science - Non-Fiction!
- Analytical Microscopist – John Koivula, GG
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Who is Accountable and Who is Responsible AND ... Who Should set the Industry Standards? The Lead Glass and Corundum Fracture Filling or Manufactured Stone or Enhanced Stones - Cortney Balzan, GG
- Cultured Pearl Confusion: Which Sea Do You See? – Betty Sue King
Sunday, August 12
Day of Diamonds!
- Sirius Star™ – The World’s Brightest Diamond – Michiel J. Botha, RS
- Valuing the Color of Fancy Colored Diamonds – Vince Rundhaug, GG
- Fire Polish: Play with Fire! – Glenn Markman, GG
- How to Make a Defendable Set of Comparables – Joseph Tenhagen, GG
Monday, August 13
- Knitted, Knotted, Twisted & Twined: The Jewelry of Mary Lee Hu - Mary Lee Hu
- The Appraiser Challenge – Louis Scholz, PG
- Building a Life, Building a Business: Surviving with Style and Enthusiasm – Karen Lorene
Tuesday, August 14
Appraisals – What Matters
- Are You Delivering Accurate Appraisals? Jan Thiel, Jewelers Mutual
- Situations! What Would YOU Do? (Panel) – David Atlas, GG
- The Appraisal Hall of Shame (Panel) – Martin Fuller, GG