The 24 Karat Club Southeastern United States hosted its 46th annual Banquet at the Atlanta County Club on August 27th. Each year the 24 Karat Club honors an outstanding jeweler with its Jeweler of the Year Award, announces scholarship recipients and inducts new members at the black tie event.
Eddie Hazan of Tara Fine Jewelry in Buford, GA was presented with the 24K Club’s prestigious Jeweler of the Year Award for 2022.
“Our coveted Jeweler of the Year award is the most prestigious honor given by the 24 Karat Club,” said Randy Lindsey, Club president. “The award is based upon outstanding service to their community, personal and civic contribution, and their commitment to the the betterment of the jewelry industry. Congratulations to our award recipient, Eddie Hazan of Tara Fine Jewelry, for being selected this years Jeweler of the Year for 2022.”
The 24 Karat Club’s 2022 scholarship recipients were announced during the event. Scholarships included:
- Robert Foreman Memorial Scholarship, $2,000 to Wes Anderson – T.K. Anderson Designs, Athens, GA
- Diamond in the Rough Scholarship, two $1250 awards funded by Judy Upton of Judy Carter & Associates to Blake Collins – Goodman Jewelers, Bristol, TN and Blake Turner – Hayes Jewelers, Mobile, AL
- Sterling Reputation Scholarship, two $1250 awards funded by Steve Berkowitz of Sterling Reputation to Mark Butler – K E Butler & Co. Jewelers, Vidalia, GA and Emily Nguyen – Iroff & Son Jewelers, Alpharetta, GA
- Ralph Williams Scholarship, $1500 award funded by Club members, Carolyn Woltz Lennon, Robert Loving and Terry Chandler to Chase Brinson – Ed & Ethel’s Fine Jewelry, Christiansburg, TN
- Diamond Council of America Scholarship, three DCA course scholarships funded by DCA and Terry Chandler to Alex White – Whites Jewelers, Springfield, TN (with an additional $500 awarded); Kaylie Raddatz – Oz’s Jewelers, Hickory, NC and Travis Trammell – Tillis Jewelry, Lewisburg, TN
“The 24 Karat Club is extremely proud of the tradition of awarding well deserving candidates the opportunity of furthering their education through our Scholarship programs,” said Lindsey. “This year award recipients, among our largest group ever, were all exceptional in their passion and desire in their quest of making life-long commitments to the jewelry industry. There is no more satisfaction than having our award recipients acknowledge what a difference these scholarships have made in their lives. There truly is no better award than the gift of learning.”
Nine new members were inducted into the Club during the event. The group of new members included: Mariel Diaz, Accounting for Jewelers; Lori Gadola, Link Design and Instore Magazine; Ann Gieser, Henderson Luxury; Sara McDonough, JIS Shows; Matt Newkirk, Midwest Closeouts; Allison Peck, Brevani; Ross Wesdorp, Jewel-Craft; Stanley Zale, Stuller; and Anna Zuckerman. Anna Zuckerman Luxury.
The 24 Karat Club SEUS thanks the sponsors for the event: Keely Grice, Harmon Group, Jewelers Mutual Group, Diamond Council of America, Judy Carter & Associates, Sterling Reputation, SJTA/Atlanta Jewelry Show, United Precious Metals Refining, Southern Jewelry Insurance, Jewelers of America, Carolyn Woltz Lennon, Abbott Jewelry Systems, Benchmark, Hyde & Associates, Rembrandt Charms, MHL Trading, Star Gems, Jewel-Craft, Time Delay Corporation and Southern Jewelry News.
The 24 Karat Club Southeastern United States is a prestigious organization of industry professionals representing leading members from the jewelry supplier sector. Members are considered and recognized because of their industry accomplishments, personal and civic contributions and their commitment to the betterment of the jewelry industry.