The Sixth Annual Jewelry History Series, a 2-day educational conference that will precede The Original Miami Beach Antique Show, is an educational conference open to anyone with an interest in learning about the history of antique period, and 20th century jewelry. The series includes lectures and panel discussions with world-renowned experts in their fields, covering a variety of topics.
The program is run by Gail Brett Levine, the Executive Director of the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers, and Elyse Zorn Karlin, AJSRA’s co-director. The program lecture schedule is as follows:
Thursday, January 25
- Kaitlin Shinnock, What’s Hot, What’s Not (News from the Auction World)
- Ulysses Grant Dietz, Style-setting and Social Climbing with Jewelry in the 19th Century
- Panel, Jewels from Differing Perspectives: A Jewelry Historian, Appraiser, Dealer, Auction House, and Curator Give Their Views
- Afternoon Special Event in the Miami Design District
Friday, January 26
- Marie Betteley, The Dazzling Jewels of Imperial Russia
- Nicole Mogavarro, How to Spot a Georgian Fake
- Barbara Schwartz, Costume Jewelry During WWII
- Jan Krulick-Belin, The Lady in Gold: A Jeweled Portrait Speaks
- Claire Morgan, Mughal & Art Deco Influence in the Work of Viren Bhagat
- Gail Brett Levine, A Visual Guide to Era, Styles, and Motifs of the Three Victorian Jewelry Periods
- Elyse Zorn Karlin, Out of this World! Jewelry in the Space Age
- The day ends with a special visit to the show floor the day before the show opens.
Attendees will also get a four-day pass to the Original Miami Beach Antique Show. The show opens on Sunday, January 27 and runs through Wednesday, January 30, 2019. Space for the Jewelry History Series is limited.
Find registration and further information at https://www.originalmiamibeachantiqueshow.com/show/special-events/