Only time of year campus is open to the public
Save the date! GIA’s Carlsbad campus will open its doors to the public on Friday, Oct. 7 from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. as part of its annual Jewelry Career Fair & Open House. The event marks the one time of year when GIA’s scenic world headquarters is open to the public without appointment; it is also free for all guests and job seekers.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Explore hundreds of job opportunities with well-known global brands, start-up companies and family-owned businesses.
- Hear from notable personalities in the jewelry industry including designer Martin Katz, blogger Danielle Miele and many more.
- Take in gem and jewelry demos, such as GIA’s Jewelry Design & Technology program, which utilizes computer aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) and 3D printers to develop jewelry designs.
- Enjoy the more than 1,000 eye-catching gems and whimsical jewelry designs on view at the GIA museum, including a finely curated selection of nearly 200 works of jewelry and objet d’art by 40 members of the American Jewelry Design Council (AJDC).
- Visit the GIA library, the world’s largest gem and jewelry information center, which is home to the Cartier Rare Book Repository.
The 2016 GIA Carlsbad Career Fair will be held Friday, October 7 from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m at the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) Carlsbad campus, 5345 Armada Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008 (above Flower Fields and across from LEGOLAND).
GIA hosted its first Jewelry Career Fair in 1991 in Santa Monica, Calif. Since then, the event has grown, connecting hundreds of gem and jewelry companies with thousands of prospective employees at more than 60 events in India, Las Vegas, New York and the GIA world headquarters in Carlsbad, Calif.