(NORWALK, Conn.) – The March edition of Jewelers International Showcase (JIS) will take place March 22-24, 2021 at the Miami Beach Convention Center,. JIS March is already reporting several thousand retailers registering to attend to resupply based on a busy holiday season and built up demand from few shows in 2020.
The show is strategically planned to allow retailers more time to assess their inventory needs after the holiday and Valentine’s Day retail seasons.
“JIS March is the perfect opportunity to assess current inventory needs and restock for the next busy selling season,” said Jordan Tuchband, Industry Vice President of JIS Events. “We are excited to be welcoming the jewelry industry back to Miami Beach, promoting an environment that instills confidence in the safe conduct of in-person business. The JIS Team has been working hard to provide the most productive show possible for our exhibitors and attendees in a way that prioritizes the health and well-being of everyone in attendance. We are looking forward to helping connect the industry in person again after a challenging year.”
Health & Safety
As the JIS team and jewelry industry prepare for the March show, JIS understands health and safety are top of mind for everyone. JIS is organizing the March show in accordance with guidance from public health officials, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization, state and local government protocols, the extensive standards implemented by the Miami Beach Convention Center, and by collaborating to meet and build upon the health and safety best practices of other major event organizers. The JIS health and safety commitment for the event includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Strict admission policy/code of conduct and daily health and safety acknowledgement
- Daily temperature checks
- Proper facial coverings/masks requirement to enter the venue (including exhibitor face shields/plexiglass dividers within booths where 6-foot physical distancing cannot be maintained)
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the show floor
- Enhanced deep cleaning and air filtration of the venue
- Transparent barriers to provide physical distancing at registration, security, and service elements
- Wireless and contactless information sharing using show badges and special booth readers supplied to every exhibitor
- Self-serve contactless registration kiosks for approved pre-registered attendees
- Clear and frequent signage promoting social distancing, a no-handshake policy, and other health and safety guidelines
- Observance of occupancy guidelines
- Significantly wider aisles and other physical distancing measures
- Specialized safety stewards on the show floor to monitor and ensure required health and safety guidelines are observed
To view full details on how JIS is prioritizing the safety and well-being of everyone at their events, visit JISMarch2021.com/Health-Safety.
According to JIS, registration for the show is performing strongly and steadily – a positive sign of the industry’s excitement to return to live events. With a wide selection of products, from fine jewelry to fashion, silver, gold, diamonds and the latest trends, retailers and vendors alike are eager to begin to get back to normal, and to grow their businesses and connections at the show:
“JIS March is a perfectly timed show for our store,” said Jason Sherman of Diamond District in Estero, FL. “The show helps me build up product after the holidays and bring in new designs for the spring. I like the size of this show in that I can get in and out in a few days.”
Armando Gonzalez of Blue Marlin Jewelry in Islamorada, FL, said, “I’m excited to see all the new jewelry trends, to see our vendors, and to see life get back to normal again.”
At JIS March, attendees can conduct business how they choose, with the option of immediate delivery onsite with cash-and-carry, or writing orders for the future. A matchmaking booth onsite makes it even easier to meet new exhibitors that best meet their needs and interests.
In addition, JIS March is a SMART Event, in partnership with Konduko, offering a wireless technology that offers a way to network without contact. Attendees will receive SMART badges at the show that they can tap on the booth readers of vendors they would like to receive more information about. At the end of each show day, attendees will receive a Daily Digest email including the contact information of the vendors they tapped. Attendees can also view their tapped exhibitor booths in the JIS Mobile App.
To register as a jewelry buyer, visit JISMarch2021.com/Attend.
For additional information visit jisshow.com.