The success of the Mediterranean Gem and Jewellery Conference (MGJC) in Greece 2015 and Spain 2016 has demanded that next year a third Conference will be held.
In 2017 the Mediterranean venue will be Syracuse, Italy on May 11-14, and will be organized by IGL Greece, CGL-GRS Canada in conjunction with CERTILINE Italy and supported by NAJA USA.
The major theme of the Conference will be “Colored Diamonds” and six presenters will cover this topic. In addition, there will be four international speakers on gems, cutting and jewelry.
Pre-conference Workshops will be held by Alan Hodgkinson (Scotland) – “Visual Optics (Hodgkinson Method) Basic Practical Workshop” and Claire Mitchell (Gem-A, UK) – “Use of Handheld Spectroscope in testing of Gems and Colored Diamonds”.
Gemmologists, appraisers and dealers will receive hands-on experience with diamonds at two NEW workshops:
- Half Day Intermediate Diamond Workshop on “Screening and Identification of Mounted Small and Melee Synthetic Diamonds” by Branko Deljanin (CGL-GRS) and George Spyromilios (IGL).
- One Day Advanced Diamond Workshop on “Identification and Grading of Treated and Natural Coloured Diamonds” by Branko Deljanin (CGL-GRS) and Thomas Gelb (Natural Colored Diamond Association).
Major sponsors of MGJC 2017 is the diamond mining company ALROSA from Russia and ANTORA Jeweller from Italy.
A Round Table will be held on “Coloured Diamonds – Describing and Marketing” and “Fluorescence – Importance for ID and Value of Fluorescent Diamonds” moderated by John Chapman (Gemetrix) with experts from Aurora Gems (Alan Bronstein), CGL-GRS (Branko Deljanin), HRD (Katrien De Corte), NCDIA (Thomas Gelb), NAJA (Gail Brett Levine), Symmetry Jewellery Valuation (Kym Hughes) answering questions from the floor.
Other speakers on natural gems, cutting and jewelry are Ilaria Adamo (Italian Gemmological Institute), Viktor Tuzlukov/Alicia Vildosola (independents from Russia/Spain) and Larry French (Buccellati).
For more information please contact:
- George Spyromilios, IGL, Greece, Conference Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Branko Deljanin, CGL-GRS, Canada, Conference Co-Chair: email@example.com
- Jacopo Monteforte, Certiline, Italy, Co-organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the Mediterranean Gem and Jewellery Conference is to educate and to help people understand the properties of diamonds, gems and jewelry, providing members of the industry with networking opportunities and information that is essential in the creation of a sustainable business. This year the format has been fine-tuned to optimize direct interaction between guest speakers and participants via four workshops and round table discussion. Learn more online at www.gemconference.com.