At the AGTA GemFair™ Tucson, January 31 – February 5, 2017, in the safe, secure comfort of the Tucson Convention Center, is the world’s leading colored gemstone and cultured pearl tradeshow; a not-to-be-missed event. Attending AGTA GemFair™ Tucson is full of advantages. Here are some of the best attractions and reasons why you should register to attend now!
Best dealers in loose gemstones and cultured pearls – Shop and buy with confidence knowing each exhibitor is a Member of the AGTA. All exhibitors are United States and Canada-based professionals who adhere to a rigorous code of ethics. Quality, value and selection from sources you can trust.
Best designers, manufacturers and estate jewelers – The Designer and Manufacturer Pavilion & Preview Promenade is home to creative and talented designers from across North America. In addition to colored gemstone-intensive jewelry, GemFair™ also delivers a selection of estate dealers not to be missed.
Tools, Technology & Supplies Pavilion/Ballroom – Exclusive to AGTA GemFair™ Tucson, the Tools, Technology and Supplies Pavilion/Ballroom is dedicated to all aspects of jewelry manufacturing and repair.
CAD Design Studio – A full-service studio that can transform your loose gemstone or cultured pearl purchase into a one-of-a-kind design. CAD designers will bring your vision to life, execute a CAD drawing, and even create a wax model to your specifications. Located on the GemHall Floor, CAD designers will be taking appointments throughout GemFair. Participants include: Golden Sun Mfg., Jay Dean Winchester, Maxwell CAD, Inc., Zero Porosity and 3D Space Pro, Inc.
• 2016 Summer AGTA Spectrum Awards™ Collection – The collection of this year’s Spectrum winners will be on display for you to view from January 31 – February 5th at the Preview Promenade, 1600 Aisle. During the show, buyers will have a chance to vote for the last Spectrum award of the year – the Buyer’s Choice Award, which will be presented at the AGTA Spectrum Awards™ Gala.
• The Cultured Pearl Association – Exhibit of Extraordinary Cultured and Natural Pearls. January 31 – February 5, Booth 1900 on the GemHall Floor.
• Smithsonian Institution Exhibit – View highlights of the fabulous treasures featured from the Janet Anneberg Hooker Hall of Geology, Gems & Minerals and meet the Curator of the National Gem Collection, Dr. Jeffrey Post, Ph.D. January 31 – February 5th, Booth 1800 on the GemHall Floor.
• MJSA at the Bench Live and Beyond – Manufacturing Jewelers & Suppliers of America will be presenting live demonstrations in the Tools, Technology & Supplies Pavilion Tuesday, January 31st through Friday, February 3rd 11:30am – 1:00pm and 3:30pm – 5:00pm.
• GIA Lab – Get quick, convenient access to GIA’s world-class colored stone identification and country-of-origin services during the show. January 30th – February 5th, Onyx Suite in the Galleria.
• Gübelin Gem Lab – With the opening of a permanent testing lab in New York, the Gübelin Gem Lab is also offering off-premise testing services for most colored gemstones on-site at relevant trade fairs in the U.S., such as the GemFair Tucson. January 30th – February 5th, West End of Galleria in the West Show Manager’s Office.
• American Gemological Laboratories – Our team of gemologists and staff will be on-hand to perform colored stone identification and enhancement testing, including country-of-origin determinations. January 30th – February 5th, Agate Suite in the Galleria.
• Free Educational Seminars – The AGTA GemFair™ Tucson is known for its wide variety of up-to-date seminars. Learn about gemstones from mine to market, legal issues, roundtable hosting and more.
• New for 2017! Visit the Author’s Table to meet the authors and their new books Hayley Henning, “Tanzanite – Born From Lightning”; Richard Hughes, “Ruby & Sapphire: A Gemologist’s Guide”; and Richard W. Wise, “Secrets of the Gem Trade” (2nd edition) to purchase their latest books about the gemstone industry. Located in the Galleria, Table 59. January 31st – February 5th, 2017.
Sweet treats and food trucks – Sweet treats will be served Tuesday through Saturday at 4:00pm. Buyers can enjoy an afternoon pick-me-up to help get them through the busy shopping days. Once again AGTA GemFair™ Tucson will feature the best food trucks that Tucson has to offer.
AGTA Events – The fun doesn’t stop when the show closes. Join AGTA for these events and feel good knowing you’ve helped someone in need. There’s something for everyone.
• Coyote Classic 5K – The fourth year of this great event. Coyote Classic 5K will be happening on February 4th at 8:00am at Santa Cruz Park, benefitting Special Olympics Arizona.
• AGTA Spectrum Awards™ Gala – Help celebrate the 2016 Summer AGTA Spectrum Awards™ winners with an awards ceremony, dinner and dancing on February 4th at 7:00pm at the Marriott University Park.
It’s On Us – Enjoy the benefits of being an AGTA GemFair™ Tucson attendee after hours. Just show your GemFair badge at any one of the select restaurant partners and receive a free glass of wine, a cold beer, or a yummy desert – and it’s on AGTA.
To register for the 2017 AGTA GemFair™ Tucson please visit http://www.agta.org/tradeshows/tucson-reg.html.
2017 AGTA GemFair™ Tucson general information
GemHall & Galleria dates and hours
Tuesday, Jan. 31 – Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017 – 10:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday, Feb. 5, 2017 – 10:00am -4:00pm
Tools, Technology & Supplies Pavilion/Ballroom dates and hours
Tuesday, Jan. 31 – Friday, Feb. 3, 2017 – 9:30am – 6:00pm