(NORWALK, Conn.) – After over two years, the JCK Show and Luxury by JCK are thrilled to welcome the jewelry industry back to The Venetian Resort & Sands Expo to reunite jewelry professionals for a robust program of product discovery, education and events. The full agenda of the highly anticipated 2021 show is designed to allow the jewelry community to reunite in a safe and productive space and do business together once again. The JCK Show will be held August 27 – 30, with GEMS opening a day early on August 26, and Luxury open by invitation only August 24-26.
Registration and full show details can be found at lasvegas.jckonline.com.
Retailers are expressing their excitement to soon be back at JCK, a primary resource to discover new jewelry and trends in-person, get previews of the most innovative technology for jewelry and retail, network and attend special events. “It’s been a record-breaking year for both of Worthmore Jewelers locations in Georgia. We are ready to restock and see some fresh designs, in time for what we feel will be an ‘off the charts’ holiday season,” says Harris Botnick, owner of Worthmore Jewelers in Atlanta, GA. “From the JCK show preview we have seen, the designers have really pushed the envelope on their designs and expanded their lines. We have also been going 1,000 miles per hour all year, so a week of scenery change, mixed with education and catching up with old friends will definitely be reinvigorating!”
When it comes to viewing what is new and next in jewelry trends, the JCK show features over 20 curated neighborhoods with approximately 1,200 exhibitors included for 2021 – spanning over 3 levels of the Sands Expo and The Venetian. View the JCK Exhibitor Directory.
The Design Collective is new and unique to JCK 2021. It features luxurious one-of-a-kind fine jewelry, on-trend designers and brands that inspire. The Design Collective is located at the front of JCK on Level 2 across from the Plumb Club where they will be serving complimentary drinks and snacks throughout the day. JCK’s sold-out GEMS pavilion will be in spacious ballrooms on Level 3 and Luxury features a sold-out show floor on Level 5 with additional Luxury ballroom exhibitors on Level 4.
“Luxury and JCK bring together the best of the best in our industry and after all of the craziness over the last year, we need this time together more than ever before! Between face time with our important suppliers, the potential to make new relationships and find new lines, as well as the opportunity to see friends and reconnect as a community, we are eager to continue our tradition of industry week in Vegas,” say Steve, Judy and Alexis Padis, owners of Padis Jewelers in San Francisco, CA. “Nothing reignites our passion for jewelry quite like stepping on the show floor and being surrounded by the amazing designs of the jewelry world’s best and brightest!”
Networking and Education
JCK Keynote – A look back at the last 18 months and the bright future ahead in retail – On Saturday, August 28, 8:00 am – 9:30 am, JCK attendees and exhibitors are invited to the Opening Keynote for a panel discussion on the past 18 months and its impact on the retail industry, consumer spending, diversity and inclusion and brand loyalty. Listen to experts from Pandora, The National Retail Federation, The Black in Jewelry Coalition, Jewelers of America and eBay, along with Sarin Bachmann, Group Vice President of JCK and Luxury, as they share where they think retail is headed and how the pandemic has impacted us for the better. JCK attendees can attend in person in the Palazzo Ballroom or streamed into The Venetian property hotel rooms on channel 125.
JCK Talks Series – The JCK Talks education program offers several sessions each day that arm jewelry professionals with the tools and insights necessary to succeed in the current retail jewelry climate. From Friday, August 27 – Sunday, August 29, JCK Talks sessions will provide critical takeaways on top-of-mind jewelry and retail topics including: Trends, Technology in Retail, Succession Planning, Today’s Consumer and more. See the full schedule here.
NEW – Interactive Learning
Beyond the expert led JCK Talks sessions, JCK will host experiential learning throughout the show including:
- Live Podcasts from the industry’s top podcasters and brands – such as Rapaport, Joy Joya, JCK Magazine and more – recorded on the show floor, covering topics from the State of the Industry to jewelry trends unveiled at the show.
- The Future Lab, a content creation zone powered by The Smithee Group, will allow attendees to get tips and hands-on advice on the formula for future success in social media, marketing, content and technology.
- JCK is expanding its popular half-day Bootcamp intensives to three hot topics: social media, security and succession. Attendees must pre-reserve for Bootcamp: add these to your registration at checkout, or if already registered complete this form to reserve your space. Covering the topics below:
- Friday, August 27: Family Business Succession Planning – The Last Piece in Your Company Transition
- Saturday, August 28: Social & Digital Marketing – Social Media & Digital Marketing Excellence: How to reach breakthrough success in today’s Digital 3.0 world
- Sunday, August 29: JSA: How to Keep Your Store Safe from Today’s Criminals
NEW – JCK Pro Exclusive Networking Hours
JCK Pro subscribers can attend exclusive education and cocktail hours at 4:00 pm at the Showcase Stage Friday – Sunday, featuring dynamic topics led by trailblazers, thought leaders and innovators like Jeff Fromm, LinkedIn and The Smithee Group.
- Friday, August 27, Purpose Driven Innovation & Driving Brand Love® led by Jeff From
- Saturday, August 28, Innovation at the Speed of Life led by Ben Smithee of The Smithee Group
- Sunday, August 29, Meeting Customers Where They Are At – Why Retailers are Focusing on Diversity, Inclusion and Equality led by Kristy Singletary, Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager, Verizon Media
Also new for 2021, all JCK Pro subscribers will receive a VIP Experience on-site. JCK Pros have exclusive access to a JCK Pro lounge directly on the show floor to plug in, refresh (with complimentary treats) and reset. Plus, dedicated check in, VIP Taxi lines, exclusive networking events. Learn more and become a JCK Pro at jckonline.com/pro.
“We are tapping into our amazing community of industry and outside-industry influential speakers, taste makers and experts to provide relevant and enriching content for attendees both in person at the show but also digitally,” says Kate Youngstrom, Vice President of Brand & Content at RX. “Each day will be action-packed with education and events on relevant topics including retail and design trends, market insights, digital communications and much more!”
Celebrate & Network with Industry Partners
JCK is reuniting the industry through networking in addition to product discovery. Join JCK and their industry partners for networking events and happy hours taking place each day both on and off the show floor. Some examples include:
- Jewelers for Children’s Rings of Strength event will kick-off on Thursday, August 26. Participants can walk, run or bike, and even attend a yoga class, all while raising funds for children in need.
- JCK Design Awards Toast in the new Design Collective Lounge Level 2 on Friday, August 27 at 3:00 pm. Lounge sponsored by Diamonds Do Good.
- JCK Opening Day Happy Hour in the NEW Best of the Best Lounge, Level 2 on Friday, August 27 from 5:00 – 6:00 pm. Sponsored by International Gemological Institute of America.
- JCK x WJA x AGS Young Title Holders Happy Hour, on Friday, August 27, SUSHISAMBA 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Champagne Toast in the NEW Best of the Best Lounge, Level 2 on Saturday, August 28 at 3:00 pm.
- Le Vian will hold its annual Red-Carpet Revue at JCK Las Vegas. This invite-only event begins at 4:00 pm on Sunday, August 29, with red carpet arrivals followed by a fashion show and trend forecasting for 2022.
- Jewelers For Children will honor Virginia “Gina” C. Drosos of Signet Jewelers and Mercedes Abramo of Cartier at the 21st Annual Facets of Hope gala on Sunday, August 29 at 6:00 pm. Purchase tickets here
- The Design Awards Celebration will be held at the Design Collective Lounge, sponsored by Diamonds Do Good.
Luxury: Luxe Moments
Luxury by JCK provides an upscale environment that showcases the industry’s most luxurious, high-end manufacturers and designers with the convenience of being steps from (or this year an escalator ride up from) the JCK show floor. All JCK badge holders can experience the luxe amenities and curated brands that Luxury offers Friday – Monday during JCK on Level 5 of the Venetian, while Luxury is open exclusively to invited retailers on pre-show days August 24-26.
Luxury amenities open to all include daytime coffee and complimentary afternoon snacks and wine. NEW for this year Luxury will have on display an actual Bentley car for retailers to view and learn more about the unique and classic craftsmanship up close in the Luxury Lounge sponsored by Bentley Jewellery. Also NEW for 2021, directly outside the Luxury ballroom on Level 5, will be a new Luxury café featuring an artwork installation that all JCK and Luxury retailers can help bring to life by coloring it in as well as artwork photo op moments created by Kicks by Sammy, morning coffee and afternoon bar (for purchase) and original DJ tunes being played.
Of special note for Luxury badge holders during the invitation only days (August 24-26) are two special breakfast keynotes:
The Cartiers: Overcoming Adversity – On Wednesday, August 25 from 8:30 – 9:30 am, sponsored by Natural Diamond Council, Luxury’s Opening Keynote presents Francesca Cartier Brickell, Louis Cartier’s great-great-niece, discussing her bestselling book, The Cartiers: The Untold Story of the Family Behind the Jewelry Empire. This conversation will include stories about Cartier Brickell’s ancestors and how they followed their dream to turn a small Parisian store into one of the leading jewelry firms in the world, and how they overcame continual adversity to keep the dream alive. Located in Marcello Ballroom on The Venetian Level 4 and streamed into The Venetian property hotel rooms on channel 125.
The Power of Purpose-Led Brands – On Thursday, August 26 from 8:30 – 9:30 am, sponsored by De Beers, Luxury’s Thursday Keynote discusses consumer demand for diamond jewelry and how consumers are actively evaluating companies against Environmental, Social and Governance criteria and choosing to engage with brands that are demonstrably purpose-led. Join the De Beers Group’s Executive Vice President Stephen Lussier and Chief Brand Officer David Prager to hear why De Beers sees this shift as a tremendous opportunity, rather than a risk, for the diamond industry, and what De Beers is doing to transform its own brand to connect differently with consumers. Located in Marcello Ballroom on The Venetian Level 4 and streamed into The Venetian property hotel rooms on channel 125.
“We know how important it is for the industry to get back to business, restock cases, discover what is new, and be ready for another very strong holiday season,” says Sarin Bachmann, Group Vice President Reed Jewelry Group. “As always, health and safety is at the forefront of our planning, and we are committed to safeguarding our industry by keeping our health and safety protocols updated in accordance with public health recommendations and in consultation with our venue partners at The Venetian and Sands and our fellow industry Vegas jewelry week event organizers.”
View the latest Health & Safety guidelines here.
View the full schedule of events here.