(NEW YORK) – Jewelers of America (JA), the national trade association for businesses serving the fine jewelry marketplace, is seeking nominations for the best and brightest rising talents in jewelry retail to be featured on Jewelers of America’s 20 Under 40 list. The list, which was first created in 2022, highlights jewelers who exemplify leadership skills and a commitment to elevating jewelry retail for tomorrow’s jewelry consumers.
A panel of judges will review all candidates based on the following criteria: successful in their chosen field, demonstrates leadership characteristics and an innovative mindset, potential to improve their community, and a commitment to the Jewelers of America Code of Professional Practices and professional ethics.
“Jewelers of America’s 20 Under 40 in Jewelry Retail program recognizes the expertise and potential found in different facets of the jewelry retail industry,” says JA President & CEO David J. Bonaparte. “We are excited to continue showcasing the rising talent in our industry and shine a spotlight on their success.”
The Criteria for nomination in the 20 Under 40 list are as follows:
- Nominee must be under the age of 40 as of January 30, 2024
- Nominee must be a full-time employee in a jewelry retail store or fine jewelry department that is an active member of Jewelers of America
- The company may have a brick-and-mortar presence or serve its consumers directly via e-commerce
- Nominee may be a store owner, bench jeweler, manager, sales executive or serve the jewelry store full-time in marketing, accounting, or other areas of operations
- Nominee must have at least three years of experience within the jewelry industry
Recipients will receive a certificate, national recognition, features on Jewelers of America’s social media and website, a press release to send to local press, and a free Jewelers of America Certification Course.
Jewelers of America’s 20 Under 40 in Jewelry Retail is sponsored by Jewelers Mutual Group and Synchrony.
Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by an industry colleague. Nominations are being accepted through March 22, 2024. Full rules and details can be found at https://www.jewelers.org/member-center/recognition/marketing-and-pr-opportunities/20-under-40 or you can contact Jewelers of America’s Member Services at 800-223-0673.