MJSA, the trade association dedicated to professional excellence in jewelry making and design, has elected Steven A. Cipolla as chair of its board of directors.
Cipolla is president of the Warwick, Rhode Island–based National Chain Group, which under his leadership has grown from its origins as a supplier of pendant and fashion chain into a full-service, fully integrated contract manufacturer and supplier. Today the company has a combined total of 200,000 square feet of manufacturing space in six locations, and its divisions include James A. Murphy & Son, Standard Chain, National Fabricated Products, National Research & Development, and Colorado Casting.
A member of the MJSA board since 2013, Cipolla also serves on the board of the Providence Jewelers Club and is a member of the 24K Club of New York. He succeeds Ann Arnold, who is now chair of the MJSA Education Foundation.
In related news:
- Dave Meleski, president of the New York City–based Richline Group, has been named secretary.
- Stuart Lee, executive vice president of merchandising at Signet Jewelers in Akron, Ohio, has been appointed vice chair.
- Edward DeCristofaro, president of LDC Inc. in East Providence, Rhode Island, is now officer at large.
- Lee Krombholz, president of Krombholz Jewelers/Just Like You Designs in Cincinnati, continues to serve as a vice chair.
- Michael Toback, president of Myron Toback Inc. in New York City, remains as treasurer.
Founded in 1903, MJSA is the U.S. trade association for jewelry makers, designers, and related suppliers. For more information please visit www.mjsa.org.