(WARWICK, R.I.) – The Jewelers Board of Trade, a not-for-profit organization that is a leader in credit reporting and collections services, is proud to announce that Richard Katz, Chief Operating Officer of Richline Group, Inc., was appointed Chairman of the Board for a one-year term at the Company’s Annual Meeting on February 8, and Board Meeting on March 8.
Richard has volunteered on the Board with JBT since 2008 and continues to bring his vast experience in finance, operations, and leadership to the role of Chairman. “I’m honored to be elected for another one-year term as Chairman of JBT,” he stated.
“Richard continues to bring great perspective to JBT’s strategies and operations,” said President, Erich Jacobs.
The Board elected the following Officers and Directors to serve a one-year term:
Chairman: Richard Katz, Richline Group, Inc., New York, NY
First Vice-Chairman: Brian D. Fleming, Carla Corporation, E. Providence, RI
Second Vice-Chairman: Jeffery Corey, H. E. Murdock Company Inc., Waterville, ME
President: Erich Jacobs
Secretary: Brenda M. Pimentel
Treasurer: Erich Jacobs
Newly elected to the Board for a two-year term:
- Ms. Annie Doresca, CFO of Jewelers of America
Ms. Doresca has been with Jewelers of America since 2008, currently serving as their Chief Financial Officer. Prior to joining Jewelers of America, she worked for several financial companies. She is also a Co-Founder and Board President of the Black in Jewelry Coalition.
Newly elected to the Board for a one-year term:
- Mr. Parag Jain, Parag Diamonds Inc.
Since 2015 Mr. Jain has been CEO of Paramount Gems. He co-owns Paragems located in Canada and Perfect Diamond Pvt. Ltd. located in India. Mr. Jain is also a Board member of Fire & Ice Diamonds and A. Jaffe.
Additionally, re-elected to the Board for a period of two years are:
- Matthijs Braakman, Retail Management Publishing, Inc., Montclair, NJ
- Jeffery Corey, H. E. Murdock Company Inc., Waterville, ME
- Brian D. Fleming, Carla Corporation, E. Providence, RI
- Richard Katz, Richline Group, Inc., New York, NY
- Bryon Nelson, Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company, Neenah, WI
- Pinny Rubin, Quality Gold Inc., Fairfield, OH
The following Board members continue to serve their existing terms:
- Ann S. Arnold, Buyers International Group (BIG), Napa, CA
- Ira Bergman, The Gordon Company, Inc., Pompano Beach, FL
- Edward N. DeCristofaro, LDC, Inc., E. Providence, RI
- Teresa Frye, Techform Advanced Casting Tech., L.L.C., Portland, OR
- Roger H. Gesswein, III, Paul H. Gesswein & Co., Bridgeport, CT
- Keven Peck, Color Merchants, Inc., New York, NY
- Andrew Rickard, Rochester Diamonds and Gold, Inc., Rochester, NY
Learn more about The Jewelers Board of Trade® at jewelersboard.com.