The National Association of Jewelry Appraisers’ (NAJA) 32nd Annual Mid-Year Conference will be held in San Diego, CA, August 15- 18, 2009 at the Town & Country Resort & Convention Center.
The appraisal organization dedicated exclusively to gems and jewelry presents an outstanding program to assist the professional appraiser’s continuing education and an unparalleled networking experience.
Just when other organizations are canceling or cutting back on their annual meetings, NAJA’s Executive Director Gail Brett Levine said, “Don’t cancel that meeting – rethink it!” This unprecedented four day conference has an overall theme – Appraisers, Appraisals, Appraising! Every session is an experience on various aspects of the technique, the art, the service of appraising gems and jewelry. “This is what every professional gemologist/appraiser needs,” said Levine.
The daily programs are:
Saturday, August 15, 2009
- Appraisal Business Excellence, Howard Rubin, GG
- Colored Diamonds: Valuing Treatments & Processes, Sonny Pope
- Appraisals – What Insurers Really Want to Know, Patricia Syvrud, GG
- Important Considerations for the Professional Appraiser, Cos Altobelli, GG
- It’s Exotic Metals… But is it Worth Anything?, Teresa Shannon
Sunday, August 16, 2009
- Appraising, Microscopy and Gems, John Koivula, GG
- Provenance and the Appraisal, Danusia Niklewicz, FGA & William Whetstone
- Presentations & Panel Discussion: The Ever Evolving Appraisal Software & Research Programs
- GemGuide Appraisal Software, Richard Drucker, GG, GemGuide Appraisal Software
- We Got Comps! Gail Brett Levine, GG, Auction Market Resource
- Jeweler’s POS Software with Integrated Appraisal System, Madison Knight, GG, Guild Jeweler Software Solutions
- First Impression Presentation, Jason Mendenhall, The Jewelry Profiler
- Jewelry Appraising and Insurance Carriers, Marla Pellish, GG, Pellnet, Inc.
- An Exploration of Quantum Leap Appraisal, Thom Underwood, GG, Quantum Leap Appraisal Software
Monday, August 17, 2009
- USPAP – What you Need to Know & Don’t about Standards 7 & 8, Mona Miller-Smith, GG
- Appraising Pearls, Gary Roskin, GG
- Lighting It Up! – The Crown of Light Diamond – A Unique Branded Cut, Lindy Nanni & David Bidwell, Gemologist
- Blue Plate Special: Lean & Green, Peter Shemonsky, GG
Tuesday August 18, 2009
- The Four C’s of Retail Replacement Appraisals: Complete, Correct, Concise & Consistent, Dave Atlas, GG
- Expanding Your Colored Gem Evaluation Skills: How to Create Clear, Thorough Stone Descriptions for Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Appraisals, Renee Newman, GG
- What’s So Fair about Fair Market Value?, Mark Cartwright, GG
For further information and conference reservations, contact Gail Brett Levine, GG, Executive Director, National Association of Jewelry Appraisers, 718-896-1536, fax 718-997-9057, email@example.com, or www.NAJAappraisers.com.