JA Show to offer innovative ideas to re-ignite the industry
(NEW YORK) – The JA New York Summer Show will take place at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City from July 26th – 29th. The Show is ready to re-ignite the jewelry industry, providing retailers and exhibitors with innovative and exciting ideas to help them gain that competitive edge in the marketplace this season. Among the new tools this year, the Show will be introducing a “Retailer Testimonial” themed marketing campaign, featuring insights from veteran JA New York retailers. In addition, JA New York will host a wide spectrum of new special events and pavilions to energize the show floor.
“We are doing everything we can to bring innovative ideas to the Summer Show, from promoting the importance of New York City as the jewelry capital, to adding innovative and market-driven topics on the show floor to help attendees stay ahead of market challenges,” says Drew Lawsky, JA New York Show Group Director. “The Summer Show is one of the most anticipated shows in the industry and we are excited to be able to continue to offer unique business opportunities to retailers, exhibitors and to the media.”
“We feel that with the challenges we face in today’s market, it is important to present a campaign that illustrates the real reasons for retailers to attend the JA New York Shows,” says Julianna Chu, JA New York Marketing Manager, regarding the “Retailer Testimonial” campaign. “These retailers will exemplify how the JA New York Shows are vital to their business and why they have been attending over the years. Their business scenarios are relatable to other jewelry retailers.” The participating retailers are selected based on the following categories: Couture, international, non-traditional, and New York City regional-based.
Retailer participants include:
- Mark and Candy Udell, London Jewelers
- Luna and Jonathan Zemmol, The Yellow Door
- Marc Green, Lux, Bond, and Green
- Seth Bloomgarden, Belenky Brothers
- Tara Silberberg, The Clay Pot
Attendees can also expect new pavilions, networking events, informative education seminars, cutting-edge general sessions and fantastic show features that have been added to attract more than 13,000 industry professionals and retailers to the Summer Show. Some of the show highlights that benefit all guests, from retailers and exhibitors to media, include the following:
- Over 1,000 major designers and manufacturers are expected to showcase their jewelry designs at the Couture Pavilion, Designer Showcase, Inner Circle, New Designer Gallery, and a plethora of unique companies from over 20 countries will be ready to showcase their latest merchandise.
- More at-show discounts on the show floor with the At-Show Promotion Program. To further increase buying activity, the At-Show-Promotion program will help exhibitors promote discounts and special offerings on the show floor. Retailers will be able to discover hidden gems and discounts that will make their buying experience more pleasurable.
- America’s Best Jeweler will return to the JA New York Show this summer. Building on the success of its inaugural event in July 2008, the 4th America’s Best Jeweler Retail Benchmarking Symposium and Awards Presentation will take place at the Javits Convention Center during the JA New York Summer Show. Combined with other cutting-edge JA New York programs, this peer-to-peer event will give retailers access to the metrics and key business practices that translate into high achievement and success in the retail jewelry business. The America’s Best Jeweler Retailer event expects to bring over 100 highly-qualified and distinguished retailers to the JA New York Summer Show.