The ISG Global Network (ISG) is pleased to introduce the ISG Gemology Lab, the latest addition to ISG’s network of gemological and appraisal services. The purpose of the ISG Gemology Lab is to provide world-class gemological services for the identification of natural and created gemstones, and their treatments. ISG guarantees their work and stands behind every identification report.
“Through the ISG Global Network members, we are the only gemological organization to maintain continuous vigil on gemstone treatments for the benefit of the grass-roots jewelry and gemstone community,” said Robert James, FGA, GG, ISG president. “We welcome our ISG Global Network members to submit your gemstones for evaluation and identification at a special discount rate.”
The ISG Gemology Lab Services have been specially designed for home town retail jewelers and local gemstone dealers. The ISG purpose is two-fold:
• Provide quality gemological services to smaller gem dealers and retail jewelers who might not otherwise have access to gemstone identification services, and
• Provide high quality gemstone identification service at a price that is affordable to all.
ISG Global Network Members receive a 20% discount on all services.
Gemological Lab Services
The ISG Gemology Lab offers accurate gemological testing based on the requirements of the customer. The ISG Gemology Lab supports ISG Global Network members, as well as any gemstone dealer, with basic to advanced testing including:
- Gemstone identification reports including information on enhancements and treatments.
- Gemstone appraisals and valuation reports.
- Gemstone damage reports, including insurance claims assistance for damaged diamonds and other insurance coverage issues.
- Gemstone verifications regarding purchases and acquisitions.
- Technical and litigation support regarding any issues that may arise from a gemstone purchase or transaction.
Advanced Testing Services Available
When advanced testing is required ISG can provide the following services, either in-house or through their partnered labs:
- Raman Spectroscopy
- XRF Elemental Analysis (through partnered lab)
- Scanning Electron Microscope (EDXS) (through partnered lab)
- LA-ICP-MS (through partnered lab)
“Our purpose is to make these advanced testing procedures available to grass-roots level gemstone dealers, retail jewelers and appraisers at a cost that allows this level of testing to be cost effective for all,” added James.
To learn more about the ISG Gemology Lab services please visit www.isgglobalnetwork.com.