(NEW YORK) – Jewelers of America (JA) is seeking nominations for the best and brightest rising talents in jewelry retail to be featured on Jewelers of America’s 20 Under 40 list. The list, which began in 2022, shines a spotlight on jewelers who exemplify leadership skills and a commitment to elevating jewelry retail for tomorrow’s jewelry consumers.
“The inaugural class of 20 Under 40 in Jewelry Retail was filled with immensely talented individuals,” says JA President & CEO David J. Bonaparte. “We are thrilled to be able to continue to recognize up-and-coming talent within our JA member stores and shine a light on their skills and determination to pave a bright future for the jewelry industry.”
The Criteria for nomination in the 20 Under 40 list are as follows:
- Nominee must be under the age of 40 as of January 18, 2023
- Nominee must be a full-time employee in a jewelry retail store or fine jewelry department that is an active member of Jewelers of America
- Nominee must be employed by a company that is an active member of Jewelers of America
- The company may have a brick-and-mortar presence or serve its community via e-commerce.
- Nominee may be a store owner, bench jeweler, manager, sales executive or serve the jewelry store full-time in marketing, accounting, or other areas of operations
- Nominee must have at least three years of experience within the jewelry industry
Recipients will receive a certificate, national recognition, features on Jewelers of America’s social media and website, a press release to send to local press, and a free Jewelers of America Certification Course.
Jewelers of America’s 20 Under 40 in Jewelry Retail is sponsored by Jewelers Mutual Group and Synchrony.
Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by an industry colleague. Nominations are being accepted through March 24, 2023. Full rules and details can be found at https://www.jewelers.org/ja/events-news/20-under-40 or you can contact Jewelers of America’s Member Services at 800-223-0673.