Marketing tips & trends form GN Diamond
As we face financial uncertainty, it’s a reminder that independent jewelers must never rely too much on a strong economy for diamond sales. Instead, they should rely on a consistent, vigorous marketing strategy to nurture loyal customers and reach prospects beyond your four walls.
Now is the time to advertise more aggressively. But that doesn’t mean you have to completely reinvent your marketing strategy or try a splashy new approach. In fact, it may be best to minimize risk by turning to tried and true principles and strategies of marketing.
Get Personal and Proactive
Oftentimes, marketing more effectively is about refining and enhancing what you already do. Assess every aspect of your current marketing plan and ask: how can we make it more timely, personalized, and compelling? For example, maybe your e-newsletter could be improved by segmenting your audience, personalizing subject lines, and including a more prominent call to action.
After you’ve optimized your current efforts, consider these proven practices for driving diamond sales:
- Clientele your existing customers. Stoke the relationship with valuable clients by reaching out to them with timely offers and reminders for special occasions.
- Include coupons with printed ads and mailers. Stay top-of-mind in your local market and incentivize sales.
- Deliver catalogs and gift books. Bring the store directly to customers’ fingertips with catalogs of your featured inventory.
- Use time-sensitive messaging. Think time sensitive in two ways: both timing your outreach for when people are likely to take action, and encouraging people to take action with limited time offers.
- Don’t forget the call-to-action. Don’t underestimate how important it is to clearly tell your audience what action to take next. A simple “Call Now!” can spur a response.
Access Marketing Experts at Any Time
GN Diamond provides the right tools for independent jewelers to market most effectively. Their diamond sales experts are available year-round to support your team with practical and powerful training and education.
Contact GN Diamond if you’re ready to market more aggressively and gain a white-labeled inventory of over $70 million in loose diamonds certified by GIA, AGS and EGL USA, all with the Gemprint ID. Learn more at www.gndiamond.com, or speak to a GN representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-724-8810.