This year has brought many challenges for jewelry businesses – one being the vulnerability jewelers face in the event of civil unrest in the community.
Your safety as well as the safety of your associates and families continues to be our top concern. We want to make sure you are prepared should civil unrest arise in your area.
If there are active riots or protests near your business, please stay home and do not attempt to initiate any additional measures of protection until the authorities have indicated that it is safe to return.
We recommend the following:
- Put as much inventory as possible inside a locked safe or vault.
- Any inventory that cannot fit inside a safe or vault should be moved to an interior room – even a locked drawer is better than a showcase.
- Under no circumstance should you take inventory home with you. Please review the offering we created with Malca-Amit to move inventory to a secure facility.
- Do not cover showcases – this action signals that something valuable is being hidden and gives criminals more incentive to break in.
- Contact a contractor to board up your shop or do it yourself when it is safe to be at your premises.
Protection from Civil Disorder
Exclusive Offer for Jewelers Mutual Policyholders
If you use ServiceMaster services to board up your store, we will pay 50% of the cost up to $1,000.*
How it works:
- Contact ServiceMaster at 877-463-7948.
- Tell them you’re a Jewelers Mutual Group policyholder.
- Arrange service with your local ServiceMaster provider assigned to you.
- Jewelers Mutual will pay 50% of your cost up to $1,000. ServiceMaster will invoice you if there is a balance. *Offer does not apply if a different contractor is used.
Our commitment to you
If you are having difficulty coping amidst these stressful times, we encourage you to take advantage of our Relieve benefit. As a commercial insurance policyholder, you and your associates can connect with a professional counselor at no cost to you.
Call 855-558-1055 to confirm your policy details and get started with this exclusive offering. If you have any additional questions about loss prevention and risk management solutions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Larry Spicer, Vice President, Loss Prevention & Risk Management
Jewelers Mutual Group