Sponsored content from the Southern Jewelers Guild
“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” ~ Socrates
Spring is around the corner, and that means it must be time for the Spring edition of the Atlanta Jewelry Show. Warmer weather is on the way, and with it, all of the extra business that comes our way from spring time holidays and events including Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and graduations. There is no better place to prepare yourself and your store for extra business than the Spring, 2017 Atlanta Jewelry Show!
Your successful spring season starts when you step onto the show floor. Set your brand apart from the competition and discover fresh products and services your customers will love. Plus, you can take advantage of the amazing Atlanta Jewelry Show educational series, which features an entire pre-show day of education on Friday, March 3 and exciting seminars on the show floor during the show, Saturday – Monday.
I’m pleased to announce that I will be part of that wonderful educational series, as I am presenting a 10X Session in the Loupe titled, “The 4Cs for Business: Create, Communicate, Collaborate & Customize.” If you are interested in learning how to rev up your revenue in 2017, you won’t want to miss this seminar! Get fresh ideas on how to maximize your business potential with fresh, innovative twists on tried and true products, sales and marketing opportunities. In addition, we’ll explore new ways to benefit from “old fashioned” traditional marketing vehicles such as radio and print advertising.
If you can’t make it to the Atlanta Jewelry Show to attend my seminar, and are looking for ideas to help jump-start your springtime event planning, here is a list of spring-themed marketing ideas designed to keep your customers engaged and spending money:
- Brighten up your sales for March by celebrating a “Spring Fling”! Take spring themed merchandise (flower-shaped jewelry, lady bugs, birds, bees, etc.) and promote them through a special spring-themed event or marketing plan.
- Consider a tie-in between the 2017 Pantone Color of the Year, “Greenery” and a St. Patrick’s Day theme. What better way to promote the wearing of the green than by showcasing all of your lovely green gemstone jewelry with a St. Patrick’s Day twist?
- Did you know that March 29 is “National Mom and Pop Business Owner’s Day”? This “unofficial” holiday is a great opportunity to recognize the 27 million hard-working owners of small businesses across America. Promote this event in-store with signage, snacks, a special drawing, etc., to encourage your customers to shop local on March 29th, and thank them for their support of your business. Since March 29 falls on a Wednesday this year, you have the opportunity to celebrate all week long and give your customers a chance to celebrate you back! Use #Mom&PopBusinessOwnersDay to designate your social media posts.
- As the calendar turns to April, bring your customers back in the store with a “Tax-Free, Tax Day” event, on April 15. Keep in mind that tax returns are beginning to come in for many of your customers, and shopping with you, especially with a special incentive such as “Tax Free” is a bonus for them, and for you.
- Easter falls on April 16, which is closer to Mother’s Day this year, so start planning creative ways to incorporate Easter-themed decorations and gifts into your showcases and on the sales floor that can easily transition into a Mother’s Day theme. Did you know Easter is the third largest retail season after Christmas and Valentine’s Day? It’s also a great opportunity to promote “spring cleaning” opportunities such as free jewelry cleaning and checking, discounts on repairs or appraisals and “Easter basket” bundled products or services.
- Celebrate Earth day on Saturday, April 22. Earth day is meant to spread appreciation for and awareness of natural environments and our planet. Do you carry natural, bio-degradable products in your store, such as Lavish Jewelry Cleaner? This is the perfect time to promote the eco-friendly qualities of products. This is also an excellent time to promote the “eco-friendly” benefits of jewelry restyling. Create a campaign that educates your customers on the advantages of jewelry repurposing, and give your customers an incentive to freshen up their jewelry wardrobe with a remount event.
Are you attending the Atlanta Jewelry Show? I’d love to meet with you in person! E-mail me at Ann@SouthernJewelersGuild.com or call 504-615-1191 and we’ll set an appointment!