(ATLANTA) – Learn everything you can… Buy everything you need… Earn everything you want… From striking new jewelry designs to freshen up a store’s merchandise mix to entertaining and enlightening educational programs filled with ideas to boost the bottom line, the August 6-8, 2011 Atlanta Jewelry Show offers retailers everything they need to maximize sales for the 3rd and 4th quarters and beyond. Returning to the Cobb Galleria Centre, the August edition will bring together a number of new initiatives and show highlights, including GIA’s Pearl Grading Lab Classes, the new Mobile VIP Club, new product introductions, a Winter-Wonderland themed gala and much more.
“Education is the cornerstone of the Atlanta Jewelry Show’s buyer service offerings and we’re especially excited about the extensive program line-up for the August 2011 edition,” says Carol Young, executive director, Southern Jewelry Travelers Association (SJTA), producers of the Atlanta Jewelry Show. “From the GIA’s Pearl Grading Lab Classes to the popular SJTA U series, we’re offering more business-building programming than ever before. These unparalleled educational opportunities come together with the show’s comprehensive product mix, unrivaled buyer amenities, networking events and renowned Southern hospitality to give retailers everything they need – all under one roof, in a convenient, cost-effective setting.”
August 2011 highlights
• New Show hours – For added buying convenience, SJTA will open the Show a little earlier on Sunday and Monday. New show hours are: Saturday, 10 am – 6 pm; Sunday, 9:30 am – 6 pm; Monday, 9:30 am – 3 pm.
• GIA Pearl Grading Lab Classes – SJTA will offer two GIA (Gemological Institute of America) Pearl Grading Lab classes during the Show. Providing a mix of lecture and hands-on training in an action-oriented classroom environment, the GIA Pearl Grading Lab classes are available to Atlanta Jewelry Show attendees interested in completing or pursuing a GIA Graduate Pearls Diploma or in fine-tuning their product knowledge and pearl grading skills. Seating is very limited. To receive more information, contact Charlene Bridges at 800-241-0399 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• New Mobile VIP Club – Buyers and exhibitors are invited to join the new Atlanta Jewelry Show Mobile VIP Club for up-to-the minute show news and product updates! It’s quick and easy to use. To join, simply scan the Mobile VIP Club QR Code from a smartphone (download a free QR reader), or visit www.atlantajewelryshow.com. Members will receive real-time show news, event updates and product highlights in the new multi-media format – right from their phones!
• SJTA U tackles industry challenges, trends – The popular SJTA U seminar series returns with a full roster of programs touching on the industry’s most important issues, trends and challenges. From facing down growing risks associated with blended rubies and colorless synthetic diamonds, to identifying and maximizing emerging social media trends, to effectively adding new product categories to a store’s mix, the August series will arm retailers with the tools they need to succeed in today’s retail climate.
In addition, the comprehensive program makes it even easier for retailers to obtain SJTA Certified Jeweler Status – a designation that lets area customers know that a store is truly committed to ongoing education and quality customer service. To achieve SJTA Certified Jeweler status, retailers must attend two Atlanta Jewelry Shows per year and at least two seminars during each show, for a total of four seminars a year. To maintain status, the retailer must then attend one Atlanta Jewelry Show per year and a minimum of two seminars a year.
• A Gram for Life: Donate gold to raise funds for Jewelers for Children – To help raise funds for Jewelers for Children (JFC), an organization whose sole mission is helping children in need, the Atlanta Jewelry Show is encouraging all attendees to bring and donate at least one gram of gold during the show. To participate, attendees should stop by the JFC booth in the show lobby to donate their gold in the specially marked bins at the show entrance. After the show, program co-sponsor United Precious Metal Refining, Inc. will present to JFC the value of the donated gold on behalf of the Atlanta Jewelry Show. In addition, a charitable donation receipt for the value of donations will be mailed to participants after the show
• 1st time exhibitors, new introductions – Walking the show floor, retailers will be able to see the newest introductions and popular best-sellers by their sales representatives in nearly 500 booths covering virtually every product category, including antique jewelry, bridal, charms, designer jewelry, diamonds, earrings, gold, pearls, platinum, sterling jewelry, tools, watches and much more. In addition, the August edition will welcome a number of first-time exhibitors who will bring even more new resources to the selection. Retailers can also get a first-hand look at a wide array of cutting edge designs in the special Point of View: A Designer Gallery section of the show.
• Complimentary Buyer Breakfast each morning – Buyers can gear up for a busy buying day by enjoying a light continental breakfast served in the registration concourse area.
• New Exhibitor Meet & Greet – On Sunday, August 7 at 9:30 am jewelers are invited to meet the Atlanta Jewelry Show’s newest members and learn about their products at the New Exhibitor Meet & Greet during Sunday’s complimentary buyer breakfast. Attendees will see and hear first-hand what’s new at the show to ensure that they are their area’s first to get the newest, best-selling products into their store cases.
• SJTA Rewards help buyers rack up reward points on every order written at the show – Buyers can earn valuable SJTA Reward points for simply placing orders for their best-sellers, required stock items, and other store necessities during the Show, and then redeem them for hotel and travel packages, electronics, personal accessories, home goods and more. At any time during the event, buyers need only bring copies of orders placed during the show to the SJTA Rewards desk where the representative will deposit the corresponding Rewards points to their rewards account. After the show, retailers can visit the program’s online catalog to see the all the items they can order.
• Elite Buyers Club – Retailers who have earned 15,000 SJTA Reward points or more at any one of the past three shows are automatically enrolled in the Elite Buyers Club – the exclusive club of Atlanta VIP buyers. As a member, they receive special badges signifying VIP Status; access to an exclusive registration counter just for Club Elite Members; and entry into the exclusive, member-only Club Elite lounge. To find out if they qualify for Club entry, buyers can call SJTA at 800-241-0399 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Travel discounts – SJTA has arranged for deep discounts at area hotels, which can be obtained by calling the show’s host hotels directly. Attendees can find the list and direct links to the hotels, rates and group codes to reference for discounts on the Atlanta Jewelry show website – www.atlantajewelryshow.com. When calling, attendees should tell the reservations representative that they’re attending the SJTA Atlanta Jewelry Show to take advantage of the special show rates.
• Winter Wonderland Gala – You’re invited, are you listening… at the show, the jewels are glistening.. All buyers and exhibitors are invited to the Atlanta Jewelry Show Winter Wonderland Gala on Sunday, August 7 from 6-8 pm to get into the spirit of what promises to be a strong 2011 holiday selling season! Enjoy festive food, cool drinks and dancing among winter white décor. Party in a Winter Wonderland.
Show Quick Facts:
- When: Saturday, August 6 – Monday, August 8, 2011
- Where: Cobb Galleria Centre, Two Galleria Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339
- Hours: 10 am – 6 pm, Saturday, August 6; 9:30 am – 6 pm, Sunday, August 7; 9:30 am – 3 pm, Monday, August 8
- Information: Visit www.atlantajewelryshow.com or phone 800-241-0399 or 404-634-3434