(CARLSBAD, Calif.) – GIA has announced, effective Feb. 1, they began issuing revised Colored Stone and Pearl Reports and launched Report Check enhancements. The revised reports feature improved gemstone images and language that reflects the most current gemological terminology. Report Check for colored stones and pearls will feature a new treatments tab, providing consumer-friendly gemological information using text, graphics and images about any treatments detected.
Report Check enhancements:
- On Report Check, the colored stone and pearl reports take the viewer directly to a treatments tab if relevant, which provides additional gemological information about any treatments an item has undergone; the report data is included in an additional tab. This is available for stones evaluated on or after Feb. 1, 2015. The image of the item will now be included with the data on Report Check.
- Diamond reports in Report Check feature plots and proportion diagrams when available for reports issued on or after Jan. 1, 2014.
Colored Stone and Pearl Report revisions:
- GIA’s colored stone and pearl reports now feature a layout in portrait orientation.
- A new paper will now be used for colored stones and pearls to support higher quality photo images
- There will now be one form – a Gemological Report – used for colored stones and pearls.